AGREEING TO VOLUNTEER WITH ANGELS SERVICE LLC YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO RECOVER
FOR ANY INJURY TO YOU OR YOUR PROPERTY, HOWEVER CAUSED, BY YOUR PARTICPATION
WITH ANGELS SERVICE LLC OR ASSOCIATED CONTRACTORS, EVENTS, ETC.
By volunteering I:
I attest that the
documentation made provided in each record accurately reflect the services
provided, diagnosis, treatments, and information as recorded during this
session. The electronic health record does accurately reflect my role,
relationship, position and intent as indicated by my name, title and capacity
for the record. I attest that this information is true, accurate, and
complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification,
omission, or concealment of material fact may subject me to administrative,
civil, or criminal liability. I understand that an electronic signature
has the same legal effect and can be enforced in the same way as a written
signature. I agree and understand that these statements are being made under
By working with any client I attest that I have read all available information in their file as there file functions as each client's person specific training. Furthermore, by accepting a client I attest that my expertise matches the clients needs and that I am a competent provider for that person's specific needs. If I’m not then I will decline working with client or create a client/family action plan on what needs to take place in order for there to be a client need / provider skill match.
All Volunteers understand and agree to the following statements regarding waivers of liability and conduct:
- I have full knowledge of the risks, which may include actions or inactions or Angels Service LLC, its agents and volunteers, and those of other participants. I am freely choosing to assume those risks by participating in this event.
- I agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless on behalf of myself, my heirs, representatives, executors and administrators an assigns for any and all claims, including claims for negligence, against Angels Service LLC, its agents, representatives and volunteers.
- This release shall include any and all liability claims, including negligence, resulting from, or arising out of any personal injury, including death, property damage, or accident of any kind, arising out of or in any way connected to my participation in this event.
- This agreement will be given the fullest force allowable under Colorado law and that, should any part of it be found to be unenforceable, the remainder of the agreement shall be severed and remain in full force and effect.
- I grant Angels Service LLC, and all sponsoring businesses and Organizations and their agents permission to use any photographs, motion pictures, recording or any other record of this event for any legitimate promotion or purpose.
- If alcohol is served, I certify that I will not distribute, permit to distribute alcohol to any person under the age of twenty-one (21). I agree that I will consume alcohol only in a reasonable and responsible manner and that Angels Service LLC, its agents, representatives and volunteers are not responsible for any injury, accident or death resulting from, in any way, the consumption Of alcohol by myself and/or other participants.
- This agreement and waiver shall include, but is not limited to negligent acts.
- I agree to comply with all rules and directives regarding my actions as a volunteer.
- I certify that I am in good health and I have no physical limitations which would preclude my safe participation in this event.
- I understand that my participation in this event is voluntary and I am freely choosing to partake in it.
- I also understand that this waiver and release Of claims is legally binding, that I have read it, understood it, and agree with its terms.
Acceptance of responsibilities
- I accept all consequences that result from my actions or inactions while I am with a client, including financial, criminally, etc.
- I accept that in addition to policy & procedures and guidelines with Angels Service LLC I must also abide with all laws, such as HIPAA
- Serve the best interests of my clients. I will provide the highest quality of care that I am able to with the sole objective of benefitting the client.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining an effective, healthy, and safe environment and relationship with my clients as their provider. This includes: refraining from and preventing to the best of my ability, behaviors that may be considered sexual during my sessions. I will not date a client, engage in sexual acts, or allow any level of sexual impropriety from my clients or myself. I understand that sexual impropriety will lead to serious consequences.
- I commit to do no harm, I will conduct a thorough review of each case, making sure that I am competently trained for each specific person that I work with, through review of information in case file and client / family interview to determine appropriate session techniques in order to meet needs and goals. If I see signs of, or suspect and undiagnosed condition or other item of concern I will refer client / family to appropriate services or make an incident report depending on the concern I witness.
- Only work within my scope of practice and skills. I will evaluate the needs of each recipient and refer the client to another provider if the client requires services beyond my capabilities of my expertise or I will create an approved action plan with client and family to increase my expertise. I will acknowledge any services limitations by refraining from exaggerating the benefits of services.
- Nurture and upload the inherent worth of all individuals. I will demonstrate compassion, respect, and acceptance of others. I will work to decrease instances of discrimination, mistreatment, abuse, neglect, exploitation, misunderstandings, and prejudice. I understand that all individuals have a right to rights, respect, and dignity. I will uphold client by being respectful, by understanding each specific person's needs and goals, by providing a clean, comfortable, and safe environment (to the extent my control allows), for sessions.
- Understand there are situations when it is appropriate to decline services to a client because it is in the best interests of the client or for my own personal safety. I will not refuse services based on disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, physical build, sexual orientation, religious, national affiliation, political views, or social / economic status.
- Recognize that everyone has the right to provide informed consent to the best of their ability. I understand that a client may suffer emotional and physical harm if a provider fails to listen other client's communication, including verbal, non-verbal, or any other form of communication, and imposes the provider's own beliefs on a situation. I will fully inform my clients of choices relating to their services and disclose policies and limitations that may impact their services.
- Know and follow relevant good business practices. I’m aware that my behavior and appearance reflects on my professional image and am aware of the type of professional image I want to craft and project.
- Not accept gifts, compensation, or other benefits intended to influence a decision related to a client. You may accept reasonable gifts that to not compromise client's wellbeing.
- Maintain clear and honest communication with my clients, my clients team members (family, case manager, etc.) and other professionals.
- Not use recreational drugs, prescribed drugs, or any other substance that may impact my ability to perform my tasks while providing services to clients.
- Not actively disrespect a client or colleague or willingly malign another provider.
- I have a basic understand of what has been shared as what many families what me, as a provider to know. Such as: https://adiaryofamom.com/2013/05/14/what-we-told-them-part-one/
- Be open to new strategies and information. That even if I am great with one case, the information I have may not apply to my next client. I understand that I am part of a network and that I can reach out any time and find support and well as be a valuable source of support for other.
Policies and Procedures
All volunteers agree to abide by all policies and procedures including but not limited to the following (these are excerpts from some policies, for full versions you are agreeing to abide by see site):
All policies and procedures can be found here: http://www.watchingfish.com/the-legal-stuff